Went to the airport after work yesterday with Mom in the insane heat! But it all paid off! It was soo nice to see Lara again and it brought back so many great memories! She's wonderful and hasn't changed much! Just grown up, like we all are :) Her boyfriend, Nicolas, is also a really great guy! We spent the entire time on our way back to the apartment chatting and reminiscing about the past, remembering everyone in our little "gang" and where they are at the moment in their lives...
The apartment's huge! Three bedrooms, and a very very nice spacious balcony! Lara and Nico's friends should be arriving on Friday and spending a couple days here before they head out to Batumi..
And of course, what's the first thing you do in Georgia when you've been away for so may years, or when it's the first time you're here? You go eat Georgian food! Which we dutifully did! They're both meat-eaters, which makes it the right place for them to be :) We had piles of the traditional stuff, including red wine, and they seemed to enjoy it immensely :)
However, in the midst of all the conversation, I totally forgot to call Serg and let him know where we were, so he could join us! Hopefully he'll be able to come with us today (thinking of going up to Lisi lake..)
Kyle and I got home pretty late again after walking L & N back to the apt, and got into a pretty nasty fight...He was upset with me wanting to stay longer and see them home (since they had no idea how to get there themselves, I thought it was a reasonable decision), due to the fact that I had to get up early in the morning.. I completely understand his concern and am very grateful for it, but at the time, our detour was only going to take a few minutes, which I was perfectly willing to sacrifice to make sure our friends got home safely. Kyle said that in my efforts to persuade him that it was fine, I apparently pushed him away, which, according to him, was "embarrassing". In all my honesty, I do not recall pushing him at all, but if he says it, then I must have done it inadvertently.
So I apologized on my part, but then went into a discussion of how his actions were a bit on the authoritarian side, and that while we were walking home he refused to walk beside me, which resulted in some idiot pulling up and asking me to get in his car..and that did not contribute to my self-esteem a whole lot.
Anyway, don't want to get into too many details.. But we both went to sleep on pretty bad terms... In the morning it was a bit better, and we even shared a kiss :) but I know that marriage isn't a jolly ride all the time, so we need to be patient with each other and accept each other's and our own faults...There's work to be done, but no matter how much we fight, there's always love..and that keeps us strong :)
No comments:
Post a Comment