Friday, July 16, 2010

Creamy Goodness!!


Yep..I had some Belgian chocolate for breakfast and it was goooooooooooooooooood!! Got a box from Lara and Nico yesterday (nom nom nom nom nom nom nommm!!) before we went to the Ossetian place, which was pretty good, but VERY noisy :( (Serg was NOT happy, but oh well, they heard some authentic and deafening Georgian singing and yelling...)

Oh ya, Serg was finally able to come out!! :)

And before the restaurant, we visited Lara's old driver, Nodar, who was overwhelmed by the unexpected visit but he and his wife, Nadia, were very welcoming and sweet. Nodar showed us a lot of interesting antics and items from Vietnam and Egypt and who knows where else, but what was most interesting and astounding to me personally was his panoramic photography.. He showed us some of his images and they were absolutely breathtaking, some of them spanning as much as 270 degrees and requiring about 60-something shots to piece together the masterpiece :) Nadia and Nodar then showed us some of the home-made alcohol and gave us a taste as well...throat burnnnnnnn!!

Anyway, another very eventful day! Lara & Nico's friends have arrived today so they're going to be doing stuff with them during the day, and then I guess we'll meet up towards the evening :)

What strikes me as a little painful is that I've been trying to contact Nino for the longest time.. Before L & N got here, I asked her if she knew whether there was a mountain bike rental spot here in Tbilisi, she replied almost immediately and said there was and she'd get back to me asap..and I haven't heard from her since. I've been texting her and sending her FB messages to see if she wants to meet up with Lara and me for a chat, and nothing so far. And then yesterday I was browsing through some of the stuff on FB and came across a new gorgeous shot of Nino, taken by Tika, and a long string of comments shared between the two and another friend of theirs, asking if the "plans for Saturday were still in force" and all... I completely understand that Nino and Tika are both exceptionally busy, and that, honestly, the relationship between me and them isn't as close as the one between them two..But still, after all my attempts to reach them both and arrange a meeting so we could sit and talk for a bit, their unresponsiveness stings a little....But oh well..I will definitely ease up on the messaging, but definitely not give it up...again, on the other hand, they might have very legitimate reasons for not getting in touch.. We'll see I guess...

In the meantime, it's Friday!! :P ♫

No comments:

Post a Comment