Soo I'm over here with my second cup of coffee in the last 10 minutes, hoping that the caffeine will keep me awake until at least 4pm.. Got home this morning at around after 3am from D's dinner party, where, despite of the always-wonderful veggie food, I didn't really eat much and ended up with a cup of yogurt in the wee hours on our bed watching Family Guy with Kyle until I finally fell asleep at 4 only to wake up 3 hours later...
It was great fun though! Met a whole bunch of new interesting people and, as it seems, made as many new friends :)
Kyle got drunk out of his wits though, and being his hilarious drunk self, wanted to stay and sleep on the couch.. It took all of mine and some of Humf's efforts to convince him to go home with me :)
Before the dinner party, Khatuna, Iana and I went to see the tailor lady who'd made my wedding dress..I feel very flattered that Khatu chose the exact same design since she liked it so much :) However, the tailor lady, Manana, charged her about 10 lari more than she did me (probably because Khatu, unlike me, told her straight up that it was a wedding dress).
Following the all-too-familiar measurement procedures (I actually felt a tinge of nostalgia while watching Khatuna getting measured for her dress), Khatu and I went to have a drink together and in the process discovered that we had a whoole lot more in common than we'd thought. For starters, we're both Libras :) and technically, the "breadwinners" in our families; both of our men spend most of their days at home, and we spend a lot of ours scheming how to make sure they're meeting new people and making new friends so they're not completely and entirely bored...so, hopefully, these two can hang with each other, and, along with Ian, form an "Unemployed Men's" club :)
By the way, as for employment, Kyle and I decided to start looking for a different jobs for him, so I've been spending some time browsing through the several Georgian job sites that I know..There are some interesting options, but nothing that pops out so far..will keep looking!
All in all, quite an eventful day indeed, which leads me to a very high probability of a third and fourth cups of coffee in the very nearest future :)
Thank God it's Friday! ♫
No comments:
Post a Comment