Monday, July 12, 2010

World Cup Weekend

Soo another caffeine-infiltrated day ahead since we got back from watching the game with the guys and girls at around 3 am this morning! Dammit I hate Mondays! :(

Ian, brother Steve, D, Humf, Serg, his new girlfriend Sophie, and Scottish Dato came over yesterday for lunch/dinner (linner?). I cooked up a "storm" with my salad and pasta, which actually turned out to be pretty ok, since I pressed everyone for nothing but the trooth about my culinary skills...We watched "Zombieland" and "Black Dynamite" the former of which is probably one of the better zombie movies if not the best, and the latter never fails to throw me into fits of hysterical laughter :D and played with the baby kitty, of course.

After all the food was devoured and all the movies were watched, we made the decision to go watch the World Cup final at the Theological Academy garden near Chardin, since most, if not all, places required additional expenses. It was pretty fun, despite the fact that we watched the game on the wrong side of the big screen, which made us feel a little like Alice in Wonderland, where everything's backwards :)

Of course, as Octopus Paul had once again correctly predicted, Spain won after a horribly grueling and quite boring exchange of kicks. I obviously don't care at all for soccer (or "football" as them English call it!) but for old time's sake, I was rooting for Holland :D

After the game, the guys decided to pop by the Leselidze shaurma joint to get some grub..But the poor guy working there had a huge preceding order so he was sweating his ass off trying to get everything done.. It. Took. Ages.! By the time he was finished, I was ready to hop on the next taxi.

Oh! Also, Serg got an actual job! At this "Prime Time" magazine as a graphic designer! So today's his first day! Pretty awesome!

And last, but definitely not least, Lara's arriving today! She and her boyfriend missed their flight on Saturday because of some problems with checking in their bikes, but hopefully they'll be here today! Their flight should be arriving at 5:15 pm (quite a decent hour, I must say!) so Mom and I are probably going to the airport to meet them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment